Education & Workshops
Saturday, September 21st, 2019 – Purse Insert – $30
With Donna Hilton
This sweet project makes keeping your tote and purse organization easy! If you like to change purses on a regular basis, this is for you. This would make an ideal gift — it’s never too early to start on Christmas presents.
Saturday, October 19th, 2019 – Beginner Paper Piecing – $50 + $8 (Pattern from Etsy)
With Berene Campbell
We are fortunate to have Berene facilitate this workshop featuring the LOVE tattoo block from her renowned tattoo quilt. The finished size without borders is 16″ wide x 10″ high. It can be used for a mini quilt, a centre block for a medallion, a great pillow, or if your really do fall in love with paper-piecing, it could be your start of the whole tattoo quilt pattern.
General Workshop Information
Workshops begin at 10 am and end at 4:00 pm. The doors will be open by 9:30 am to enable everyone to set up and be ready to go by 10. Bring a lunch and a mug, and an extension cord! Coffee and tea are provided. We thank you for helping to set-up in the morning, and to dismantle and vacuum the classroom at the end of the day. We have created a policy that, whenever we do not have enough members signed up to meet the expenses for one of our workshops, we will open it to other guilds. Members from other guilds will be asked to pay a small surcharge along with the regular workshop fee.
**Please bring Cash or Cheque to the meetings to pay for any classes you wish to sign up for.**
Workshop Payment and Cancellation Policy
As the guild contracts with out of town teachers months in advance for the workshops and there is a cost involved, the following is the policy dealing with payment and cancellations of workshop participation.
- In order to reserve a space in a workshop the Guild requires payment in full upon signup to secure your spot in the workshop.
- If there is a material cost associated with the workshop, payment is due on the day of the workshop.
- If the workshop applicant gives notification of cancellation at least 30 days prior to the workshop 100% of the fee will be refunded, less any non-refundable portion as specified by the Education Committee.
- If a workshop applicant gives notice less than 30 days prior to the workshop there will be no refund unless they find a replacement to take his/her space. Priority must be given to members on the waiting list. If no replacement is found there will be no refund.
- Non-members may sign up for Guild-sponsored workshops providing all members on the waiting list have been accommodated. Non-member will pay an additional amount per workshop day to be enrolled in Guild-sponsored workshops (additional amount will be determined by the Education Committee for each workshop).