January 22nd (Wednesday) – Botanical Beauty Workshop
With Sandra Sandvik – $60 at St. David’s Church – 10am to 4pm
This project is a great stash buster! The design has two wall hanging layout sizes to choose from, or you could do a table runner with 3 blocks. The flower petal blocks are created with curved foundation piecing. For the large quilt there are an additional 3 blocks with a crazy quilt option. Acrylic templates will be available to help with the curved cutting process.
You will learn free-form foundation piecing, working with color (your choice of flowers for color inspiration), mitered corners, working with a small design board, making narrow borders and basic free-form machine quilting and embellishing to finish your masterpiece! This pattern works up well in bali batiks, solids, and small prints. Or make it modern! Small scraps are used for the flower piecing and fat quarter pieces work well for the background/borders.
January 25th (Saturday) – Curved Piecing Workshop
With Laura Johnson – $40 at St. David’s Church – 10am to 4pm
Laura will share her expertise with curved piecing at this workshop.
February 11 (Tuesday) or February 15 (Saturday) – Postcard Workshop
With Sandy Holland – $5 – 10am to 4pm
There are 2 dates available for this workshop on how to create postcards. Pick your date and then email Sandy with your selection.
February 22 (Saturday) – Stars on Ice Workshop
With Gail Sheppard – $40 (pattern an additional $10) at St. David’s Church – 10am to 4pm
The quilt is 65″ x 83″, and is made using a tri-rex ruler. Use your own fabric or buy one of the kits available at Dragonfly Quilting for $160. The kit includes the fabric and the pattern. The rulers are also available at Dragonfly. A sample of this beauty is available at the Education Committee table.
March 21 (Saturday) – Bali Bag Workshop
With Eileen Currie – At St. David’s Church – 10am to 4pm
Stay tuned for the details on this popular workshop!
Line Up for April and May 2020
- April 25 (Saturday) – Karen Johnson – Skinny Strips Workshop
- May 23 (Saturday) – Dougal Walker – Scrappy Houses Workshop
General Workshop Information
Workshops begin at 10 am and end at 4:00 pm. The doors will be open by 9:30 am to enable everyone to set up and be ready to go by 10. Bring a lunch and a mug, and an extension cord! Coffee and tea are provided. We thank you for helping to set-up in the morning, and to dismantle and vacuum the classroom at the end of the day. We have created a policy that, whenever we do not have enough members signed up to meet the expenses for one of our workshops, we will open it to other guilds. Members from other guilds will be asked to pay a small surcharge along with the regular workshop fee.
**Please bring Cash or Cheque to the meetings to pay for any classes you wish to sign up for.**
Workshop Payment and Cancellation Policy
As the guild contracts with out of town teachers months in advance for the workshops and there is a cost involved, the following is the policy dealing with payment and cancellations of workshop participation.
- In order to reserve a space in a workshop the Guild requires payment in full upon signup to secure your spot in the workshop.
- If there is a material cost associated with the workshop, payment is due on the day of the workshop.
- If the workshop applicant gives notification of cancellation at least 30 days prior to the workshop 100% of the fee will be refunded, less any non-refundable portion as specified by the Education Committee.
- If a workshop applicant gives notice less than 30 days prior to the workshop there will be no refund unless they find a replacement to take his/her space. Priority must be given to members on the waiting list. If no replacement is found there will be no refund.
- Non-members may sign up for Guild-sponsored workshops providing all members on the waiting list have been accommodated. Non-member will pay an additional amount per workshop day to be enrolled in Guild-sponsored workshops (additional amount will be determined by the Education Committee for each workshop).