Boundary Bay Quilters’ Guild is a member of the Canadian Quilters’ Association (CQA). The association was founded over 35 years ago and has been an important part of increasing the interest in quilting in Canada. Its mission is to promote and celebrate quilting and Canadian quilters by preserving the traditions of those who have come before us while looking to new and creative ways to enhance quilting for the present and future.
The creativity of quilting in Canada continues to evolve as new techniques combine with the traditional. CQA is dedicated to preserving the traditions of quilting, supporting current trends in quilt making and providing a forum for Canadian quilters of all ages and levels to share and learn about the Canadian quilting scene.
If you are interested in getting involved with the association, there are several avenues open to you. You can:
- Participate in the 52 blocks in 52 weeks challenge.
- Submit one or more entries to the National Juried Show.
- Participate in the annual quilt challenges, which include a Member Guild Challenge, Quilted Postcard Challenge, and the TrendTex Challenge.
- Volunteer at Quilt Canada, held annually.
- Contribute to Canadian Quilter Act as a regional representative.
- Hold a position on the Board of Directors.
BBQG’s regional representative is Janet Harper; and Liz Tius is CQA’s Secretary.