BBQG “Quilts by the Bay” Quilt Show – May 4 & 5, 2019
How to Enter:
Step 1 – Submit Entry Form: Each entry requires a separate Entry Form submitted online. Click here to register your quilt. ALL entries must be received no later than April 1, 2019.
Step 2 – Submit Photograph: Each entry requires a photograph of the quilt submitted by email only. Email each digital photo separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos from your phone or tablet are acceptable but we need a separate email for each photo and each email must include your full name, quilt title, width and length in inches. Please have someone hold the quilt up and take your photo straight on, showing the way you want your quilt to hang. Try to give us accurate colours since we use the photos to plan the layout of the show. Please note that the quilt does not have to be finished before you take the picture.
Step 3 – Drop Off Your Quilt(s): Please deliver your quilts to the South Delta Recreation Centre, 1720 56 Street, Delta, BC V4L 2B1, between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm on Friday, May 3.
Each quilt must be dropped off in a separate clear plastic bag, preferably with handles, and must be labeled with your name and the name of your quilt. A securely fastened paper label is acceptable. At the time of delivery, you will receive a receipt which you will need in order to pick your quilt up after the show.
Step 4 – Pick up Your Quilt(s): All quilts must be picked up between 4:15 pm and 5:00 pm on Sunday, May 5 from the South Delta Recreation Centre. Don’t forget to bring your receipt.
THE FINE PRINT:
- A 4” sleeve MUST be attached to the back of every quilt or it will not be hung.
- Odd shaped quilts must be mounted on a piece of black fabric containing a sleeve. The top half of thesequilts must be sewn securely to the black fabric. Please note: If you must mount your quilt on black fabric, it does not have to extend past the edges of your quilt, but IF IT DOES, your quilt measurements MUST INCLUDE the black fabric.
- If your quilt is longer than 110” the top of the 4” sleeve must be sewn 110” from the bottom edge and the portion of the quilt above the sleeve will be folded over the hanging rod. Unfortunately, due a lack of equipment to safely work with 12 foot pipe and drape, we will be limited to using 10 foot panels to ensure that none of our hanging volunteers risk injury.
Questions? Contact Liz: 604-319-8487 / email@example.com
Guild Challenge and Baby Challenge Quilt Entries
We hope you are also excited about entering quilts into our challenge quilt categories. Print forms for these quilts will be available only at our show challenge table at any regular guild meeting. ALL CHALLENGE QUILT ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETED AND HANDED IN BY APRIL 1, 2019.
- Email Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the baby challenge
- Lynn at email@example.com for information about the guild challenge