Due to the current health risks associated with the Coronvirus Disease, all Guild workshops have been cancelled until further notice.
General Workshop Information
Workshops begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. The doors will be open by 9:30 am to enable everyone to set up and be ready to go by 10. Bring a lunch and a mug, and an extension cord! Coffee and tea are provided. We thank you for helping to setup in the morning, and to dismantle and vacuum the classroom at the end of the day. We have created a policy that whenever we do not have enough members signed up to meet the expenses for one of our workshops, we will open it to other guilds. Members for other guilds will be asked to pay a small surcharge along with the regular workshop fee.
**Please bring a cheque for credit/debit card to the meetings to pay for any classes you wish to sign up for.**
Workshop Payment and Cancelled Policy
As the guild contracts with out-of-town instructors months in advance for the workshops and there is a cost involved, following is the policy dealing with payment and cancellations of workshop participation.
- In order to reserve a space in a workshop the Guild requires payment in full upon signup to secure your spot in the workshop.
- If there is a material cost associated with the workshop, payment is due on the day of the workshop.
- If the workshop applicant gives notification of cancellation at least 30 days prior to the workshop 100% of the fee will be refunded, less any non-refundable portion as specified by the Education Committee.
- If a workshop applicant gives notice less than 30 days prior to the workshop there will be no refund unless they find a replacement to take their space. Priority must be given to members on the waiting list. If no replacement is found there will be no refund.
- Non-members may sign up for Guild-sponsored workshops providing all members on the waiting list have been accommodated. Non-members will pay an additional amount per workshop day to be enrolled in Guild-sponsored workshops (additional amount will be determined by the Education Committee for each workshop).