Open Sewing Days (Zoom) with Liz Warrington
Here is an opportunity to sew in your most comfy clothes, at your own pace, at home, with other guild members!
- Thursday, January 28th, 2021
- Thursday, February 11th, 2021
- Thursday, February 25th, 2021
- Thursday, March 11th, 2021
- Thursday, March 25th, 2021
Class Limit: None
Saturday, February 13th, 2021 – Silly Moon Rulers (Zoom) with Kellie Kaczmarek – 10:00am to 1:00pm – $65 (includes 2 rulers)
Kellie will take us through the process of using 2 Silly Moon rulers to quilt 4 placemats. You will get the simple pattern to make up the quilt sandwiches ahead of time and quilt using Silly Moon rulers, Charming and Edgy. The cost of the workshop will cover the rulers, purchased by the guild for you to fit your particular machine. It is so generous of Kellie to offer this workshop basically for the cost of the rulers. The class will show how to use the rulers to create different designs on each placemat.
You will need a ruler foot for your machine — the class is good beginner to intermediate; domestic machine or long arm. Kellie is well experienced at getting everyone comfortable with ruler quilting in these sessions.
March 13, 2021 – Speed Date Improve (Zoom) with Krista Hennebury – 10:00am to 4:00pm – $75
Think of this class as speed dating with improvisational piecing techniques that include curves and free-cutting. It will be fast-paced and a lot of fun. Several techniques are introduced and demonstrated one after the other with very little time to second guess, stress, or obsess over perfection.
Every student will end up with a unique, original improv sampler quilt! The focus here is to explore line, shape and happenstance in abstract design, so keep things simply graphic by using solid-coloured fabrics in black, white and one pop of colour. In the afternoon, Krista will share design wall tips to jigsaw the improv elements together, seeking balance and creative design opportunities. Some pre-cutting is required.
Quilt size: Without borders, approximately 20″ x 20″.
Krista is an internationally known quilter and teacher. See what other quilters are saying about this class at http://poppyprintcreates.blogspot.com
General Workshop Information
You must register for a workshop by emailing BBQG.Education@gmail.com OR by in person sign up at one of our events. AFTER you receive confirmation details you can pay electronically on this website, by email to our Treasurer, or by cheque, details will be sent to you with confirmation.
The PayPal button for on-line payments is located on the Membership page of this website. It contains payment options for all Guild workshops, programs and activities.
Workshops begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. The doors will be open by 9:30 am to enable everyone to set up and be ready to go by 10. Please bring an extension cord, hand sanitizer and a mask. Coffee and tea are provided. Depending on the venue lunch may be available for purchase, we will let you know. Thank you for helping to set-up the classroom in the morning, and to dismantle it at the end of the day. We have created a policy that whenever we do not have enough members signed up to meet the expenses for one of our workshops, we will open it to other guilds. Members for other guilds will be asked to pay a small surcharge along with the regular workshop fee.
Workshop Payment and Cancellation Policy
As the guild contracts with out-of-town instructors months in advance for the workshops and there is a cost involved, following is the policy dealing with payment and cancellations of workshop participation.
- In order to reserve a space in a workshop the Guild requires payment in full upon signup to secure your spot in the workshop.
- If there is a material cost associated with the workshop, payment is due on the day of the workshop.
- There will be no refunds for workshops unless the workshop itself is cancelled. Participants may sell (or gift) their space to another member including those on the waitlist. Those on the waitlist are to be given priority.
- Non-members may sign up for Guild-sponsored workshops providing all members on the waiting list have been accommodated. Non-members will pay an additional amount per workshop day to be enrolled in Guild-sponsored workshops (additional amount will be determined by the Education Committee for each workshop).