Open Sewing Days (Zoom) with Liz Warrington
Here is an opportunity to sew in your most comfy clothes, at your own pace, at home, with other guild members!
- Thursday, April 22nd, 2021
- Sunday, May 2nd, 2021 (Featherweight Sewing and Block Draw)
- Thursday, May 13th, 2021
- Thursday, May 27th, 2021
- Sunday, June 6th, 2021
- Thursday, June 10th, 2021
- Thursday, June 24th, 2021
Class Limit: None
April 17th, 2021 – Handy Purse Organizer Bag Insert (Zoom) with Donna Hilton – 10:00am to 4:00pm – $25
This handy purse organizer has 13 pockets and a zip to keep all your essentials tidy in a bigger bag. When you want to change bags you simply pull out your organizer and put it into a new bag. It stands up well on its own and can be used separately.
May 12th, 2021 – Modern Quilting with Your Walking Foot with Melissa Marginet – 10:00am to 4:30pm – $65 (includes book)
As a participant in this class, you will make samples of different quilting ideas that can be executed on the home sewing machine with a walking foot. You will create samples of walking foot designs on small quilt sandwiches to help you understand what makes each design successful. We will also look at variations of the designs you stitch out. These samples will be a great reference for you when deciding how to quilt your next quilt. This class includes information on quilting all sizes of quilts on the home sewing machine. Based on Melissa’s book, Walking Foot Quilting Designs which is recommended for the class.
General Workshop Information
You must register for a workshop by emailing BBQG.Education@gmail.com OR by in person sign up at one of our events. AFTER you receive confirmation details you can pay electronically on this website, by email to our Treasurer, or by cheque; details will be sent to you with confirmation.
To pay electronically on this website, go to the Webstore/Payments Gateway and click on Workshops. It contains payment options for all Guild workshops, programs and activities.
Workshops begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. The doors will be open by 9:30 am to enable everyone to set up and be ready to go by 10. Please bring an extension cord, hand sanitizer and a mask. Coffee and tea are provided. Depending on the venue lunch may be available for purchase, we will let you know. Thank you for helping to set-up the classroom in the morning, and to dismantle it at the end of the day. We have created a policy that whenever we do not have enough members signed up to meet the expenses for one of our workshops, we will open it to other guilds. Members for other guilds will be asked to pay a small surcharge along with the regular workshop fee.
Workshop Payment and Cancellation Policy
As the guild contracts with out-of-town instructors months in advance for the workshops and there is a cost involved, following is the policy dealing with payment and cancellations of workshop participation.
- In order to reserve a space in a workshop the Guild requires payment in full upon signup to secure your spot in the workshop.
- If there is a material cost associated with the workshop, payment is due on the day of the workshop.
- There will be no refunds for workshops unless the workshop itself is cancelled. Participants may sell (or gift) their space to another member including those on the waitlist. Those on the waitlist are to be given priority.
- Non-members may sign up for Guild-sponsored workshops providing all members on the waiting list have been accommodated. Non-members will pay an additional amount per workshop day to be enrolled in Guild-sponsored workshops (additional amount will be determined by the Education Committee for each workshop).